This recipe is borrowed and modified from this original.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1-2 t vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs and 1 yolk only, beaten
- 2/3 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 c almond flour
- 2 c blueberries or more as preferred
- Heat oven to 375° and butter a 9 inch loaf pan. Place one 1″ strip of parchment paper lengthwise in pan, and 2 crossways to help with removal of cake.
- Combine butter, honey, lemon zest, and vanilla in a bowl and mix with a mixer on high 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs 1/3 at a time and continue mixing on medium until well incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and almond flour in another bowl, and then mix into the butter and egg mixture in thirds until incorporated and no flour is visible.
- Add 2/3 to 3/4 of the blueberries to the batter and mix in gently.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 15 minutes, until it just begins to set. Then sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top and cook for another 15-20 minutes until it begins to turn golden brown on top. Then cover loosely with foil and bake another 25-30 minutes until a knife placed into the center comes out clean. Let rest in the pan for 10 minutes, run a butter knife around the edges and remove from the pan and serve.